2nd Hand Sales
- St. Vincent De Paul's
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- G&R Demolition (Tyrone)
- Hunters Warehouse
- Lion Surplus - Surplus.PSU.edu - PennState's (PSU) suplused equipment & goods "retail" store. Lots of computers, office equipment, and similar items.
- Surplus City (Bellwood) - www.surpluscityinc.com - As the name suggests, a surplus dealer, especially useful for metal and/or fasteners; also carries tools, electrics, plumbing, and a host of other items. Located between Tyrone & Altoona.
Local Generalized Retailers
- Harbor Freight - www.harborfreight.com - Located in Altoona & Lock Haven, as well as several other towns.
- Home Depot - www.homedepot.com - West end of State College at Valley View & North Atherton.
- Lowes - www.lowes.com - West end of State College at Valley View & North Atherton.
- Bi-lo Plumbing - www.bilosupply.com - A plumbing supply store. Often the only supplier for black iron pipe & fittings.
- Tractor Supply - www.tractorsupply.com - Rural retailer as the name implies. Has a decent selection of tools, both cheap and better quality, as well as connector hardware. Located on Benner Pike out passed Nittany Mall.
Online Generalized Retailers
- Amazon - www.amazon.com - THE online retail giant. Prime subscription often allows for delivery in as little as two days.
- eBay - www.ebay.com - The global online flea market. When you can't find it any where else, you probably can find it here, though usually more expensive and longer ship times.
- Micromark - www.micromark.com - has both tools and materials for smaller-scale projects. Caters to model makers (cars/boats/trains/planes, etc)
- Woot! - www.woot.com - Has daily deals. Had an Ender3 for $175 a few weeks ago.()